Friday, August 10, 2007

Graduation

Well, I'm all done and graduated. Here are some photos from the ceremony:

First comes the Pittock Mansion. This was the beautiful building that was the backdrop for the whole ceremony. Allegedly, there was a lot of food inside. There were too many people milling about for me to actually find it, though.

This is us, hanging out and waiting to be told what to do. No one told us how to put our hoods on or even where to go until the ceremony started.

But one perspective on our class photo.

We walked around a bit more, and then somehow I got put in the front of the line. The only problem with leading the whole group is that no one told me when to go ... so I just started walking.

Our accomplished speaker talked a lot about international journalism and issues regarding the East Asian Financial Crisis. He works for the Oregonian and had some interesting insights on international affairs.

I might not be able to claim 'commencement speaker' on my resume, but I can forever boast that I was the first of the 2007 MIM class to get my hood.

Everyone who came to show their support. Thanks again for coming!

As I said in my last post, now it's time to hit the real world and find a job. Wish me luck, and keep in touch!

No comments: