Sunday, November 11, 2007

Riddles and riddles

Greetings to all my riddle-fiends. I am in the midst of a competition where I have to solve a very confusing and difficult riddle. If you would be so willing as to give me some tips, suggestions, or justified guesses to get me on the right track I would be in your debt!

Charged with maintaining peace and security, five permanent seats and ten temporary seats, Church House was first, what is the family name of the partner to where no man has gone before.

Just leave a comment with your idea and the reason behind it and I'll get back to you. Thanks in advance for any help. This is driving me crazy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The end part "...to where no man has gone before" sounds like "Star Trek" - maybe that's something? I dunno, I am baffled also in my first reading.

-K. Argo.

Anonymous said...

Did you have any trouble getting your ISIS back together? The lock keeps engaging on me before the two halves are touching. I end up with a thin gap between them. The reassembly instruction say something about making sure the lock is in the down position which I cannot seem to do.

For the puzzle, I'm on the same one. Had a couple hot leads so far but none have been right yet. Would like to keep in touch either way if one of us gets it. I'm very curious to know what it is.

boking17@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

The answer is Abramovitz. he was head architect of the construction of the UN headquarters in New York... now i can sleep

Eric said...

Congratulations to the person who solved the puzzle! Although I must say I am a bit frustrated.

After about a week of searching, I figured the answer had to have something to do with the designer or builder of the UN building in New York. The references I had listed many names, and I tried them one by one until I assumed I was wrong and changed directions. The problem was, the references I had all spelled "Abramovitz" with a W - "Abramowitz."

I had the right answer all along, but just had a different spelling! I should have thought about using a V, but didn't.

Congratulations again to the winner, you took the step I failed to take (or had more thorough research than I did!).

Unknown said...

Thanks for the congrats. I won the Isis adventure back on New Years Eve 2007.


Laura