Sunday, September 02, 2007

Help with graphics

To start out, I'll tell you to click the "Read More..." link to see my graphics.

I'm trying for something a little simpler than the crowd banner you see on my professional website. I want to go with the unknown perfect customer theme, but I wanted to do it with something small. It should be black and white, small enough to be used as an icon on a business card, but still catching enough to convey the meaning I want to get across. Click the link to see the two pictures I've started working with.

This first graphic I drew freehand and then cleaned up on my computer. I like the proportions, but the question mark is a little "blah" in my mind. I want something with a little more character and flare.

This one has more of the character in the question mark because it's an actual font on my computer. Only two problems:

  1. I don't think I can use this in production because I don't own the rights to the font.
  2. I can't get the rest of the image right on the computer. I might have to print it out, freehand what I need to, and then rescan it ... lowering the image quality.

So what does everyone think? Do you have suggestions for how I can have a jazzy question mark without losing control of the image? Ideas on how I can just spice up the first freehanded graphic? I'm just looking for a little validation on my design. And no, I will not be using this until after I move and need to get a new batch of cards to reflect my change in address. I will probably continue to use the crowd banner on my website but will add this graphic throughout later.

No comments: