Sunday, June 24, 2007

My girlfriend's tattoo

To commemorate her college education and mark a milestone in her life, my girlfriend got a tattoo today. She would have gotten it done yesterday, but we waited in the tattoo parlor from 4:45 until 8:15 before we gave up waiting on the "just 15 more minutes" and set a new appointment. She really likes it, and I think it looks really good. Click "Read More" to see photos from the wonderful day at the parlor.

To begin with, here's the original artwork for the tattoo. She found a "teacher apple" magnet and I used Photoshop to clean up the image and add a sketch she did of her initials.

I made this!

The process of tracing the image, resizing it to what she wanted, and actually tattooing it on her hip took about a half an hour. This was relieving after our 3.5 hour wait yesterday. Here's some photos of her in the middle of getting the tattoo. I think it hurt ...

I took her out for ice cream afterwards to celebrate once again the fact that she's a grad school graduate ... and also because ice cream makes any pain go away. Here's a photo of the final artwork. It should look a little better after it heals a bit. I'll try to give you an updated photo in a week or so.

YAY!

After watching everything, I am fairly confident in my decision to not get a tatoo. It looks painful and besides, what if I don't feel the same way about the image five years down the road? Oh well, I'm still happy for her and hope she can always use it as something to remember Oregon by.

No comments: