Friday, May 04, 2007

Writers of the Future

So I was randomly perusing the Internet the other day and stumbled on what appears to be the blog of the Writers of the Future contest. I'm still a little confused about its authenticity, though. The contest's first quarter ended on April 1. I receieved an email about a week after that deadline telling me to wait 10 weeks before any kind of announcements on finalists would be made.

This being said, the blog I found claims to have announced the first quarter finalists on May 23rd. That's only two weeks after the "wait 10 weeks before we make a decision" email, not ten. I'm still hoping there was some kind of error in reporting the finalists, though, because I have not heard ANYTHING official from the contest organizers.

Does anyone have any other ideas about this?

In the even that I'm not a finalist, I'm still very interested in self-publishing my story. I found a website called Lulu that allows self-publication of eBooks for free (well, there's a 20-25% royalty charged on your selling price). If I didn't win, I'm thinking of setting up an account and selling my eBook for $1.50-$2.50 per copy. Does that sound reasonable?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOTF First Quarter is the January 1st deadline, so if you subbed for April 1st, that's the Second Quarter. Results for that won't be announced for a while. Good luck!

Eric said...

Thanks for the correction Tony!